Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 23:39:14 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        black@zen.cypher.net
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Named -- Specifying addresses to bind to.

> that isn't the point.  currently, you have to make world, then make
> bind...why not just put it in /usr/src so it just gets compiled along
> with everything else?

If you want to put bind 8.1 in /usr/src, you should at least wait
until 8.1.1 (currently in alpha testing) is released.

Also, the config file format for 8.1 is radically different. Yes, a
conversion script is supplied, but this may still be  stumbling block
for some people.

Aside from that, I'm running 8.1.1 (alpha) on several machines, and
it seems to work just fine.