Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:51:01 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        =?windows-1251?b?wuDx6Ovo6SDP5fLw7uI=?= <larry@fantasyclub.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: High speed USB 2.0

Hi,

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 17:05, =C2=E0=F1=E8=EB=E8=E9 =CF=E5=F2=F0=EE=E2 wro=
te:

> > > Yet I don't understand, must high-speed devices work with bundled
> > > FreeBSD drivers and it is my conf problem or this is not supported by
> > > them? I haven't found any mentions about it in mailing lists nor PRs.
> >
> > Your config is supported by FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE.
>
> I've done dd tests and got VERY strange results. When I try to read from
> device itself (/dev/da0 or /dev/da0s1) I have 27Mb/sec.
> However when I mount NTFS partition, that resides on that drive, big file
> is read from that partition at 600Kb/sec. I understand, that there is some
> overhead, but not that much of course.
> So it seems that problem not with USB, but with what then?=20

One of the upper layers are probably reading too small chunks of data at a=
=20
time. Probably it has got something to do with the implementation of the NT=
=46S=20
driver. I think you will get better results with UFS and FAT32, for example=
=2E=20
I am not an expert at file systems.

=2D-HPS