Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:45:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Christopher Palmer <cpalmer@jig.ordway.org>
To:        Breaker <breaker@dal.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended windows manager.

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Breaker wrote:

> 	What would you recommend to use as FreeBSD's X Window manager? I've
> tried KDE, but I'm plagued with library errors. Note, this is just a
> simple query for FreeBSD/X Window users on this list.

One strange choice is LWM (Lightweight Window Manager). It is bare bones,
and very fast and very small. Smaller than anything else out there, yet it
does everything you need to manage windows (i.e., more featureful than
twm).

http://users.ch.genedata.com/~enh/lwm.html

Christopher Palmer
Assistant Systems Administrator, Ordway Music Theatre
cpalmer@jig.ordway.org