Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 1995 11:27:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freefall.cdrom.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: voice comms on freebsd

On Fri, 28 Jul 1995, Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org> wrote:

> > majordomo@star-gate.com
>
> was Majordomo an `out of the box' port for you ?

	nearly.  if i remember correctly, the scripts have to be editted
to find perl and sendmail

	/usr/local/bin/perl	->	/usr/bin/perl
	/usr/lib/sendmail	->	/usr/sbin/sendmail

	and the Makefile needs to be set up for BSD setup rather than the
other semantics.

	a majordom user and group majordom have to be created as do the
lists, archives and digests

> we should have it in ports :-)

	yes, we should and i should gen a patch file for the above
changes as well a script that creates the majordom user and majordom
group.  no promises as too when i can do it.  sorry.  ;((

	a note should be included with the majordomo port.  if majordomo
is used for mailing lists, either serveral or just one large one,
sendmail should be recompiled with QUEUESIZE set to a more appropriate
value.  the default is 1000.  freefall now uses 5000 and the mailing
lists are much better off as a result.  this is the fix to our 'time
wrap'ed messages' problem.   (thanks to peter wemm for indentifing the
problem and pointing out the solution to me.)

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346