Date:      Fri, 29 Jul 2022 11:04:07 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Wei Hu <weh@microsoft.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>,  Souradeep Chakrabarti <schakrabarti@microsoft.com>, "andrew@FreeBSD.org" <andrew@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UFS checksum error during arm64 VM installation

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 02:31, Wei Hu <weh@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to bring up FreeBSD on ARM64 Hyper-V.  We are seeing the is=
o image booted up fine and we can install the root disk with ZFS. However, =
when choosing to install the root disk with UFS, we are seeing UFS checksum=
 errors as below and the installation just failed.

> UFS /dev/da0p2 (/mnt) cylinder checksum failed: cg 41, cgp: 0x45721f90 !=
=3D bp: 0x23b0cc8

Hi Wei, I assume you're trying this on relatively recent main? (There
were some cylinder checksum issues some time ago, I think related to
growfs, but as far as I know they were all fixed long ago.)