Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 12:44:58 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X rated applications

> If memory does not failed me , the why people don't write apps
> subject was first mentioned by Soren and he proposed yet another
> graphic API. Thats when I started jumping in . Furthermore, it is my
> believe, Jordan, that you want to or wanted to de-emphasize X apps
> due to:

I do not want to de-emphasise X apps.  If you want to write a word
processor, a 3D drawing system or a virtual reality visor that uses X
then by all means - go for it!  I'd love to see more of those sorts of
applications available for FreeBSD.

My position is summarized very easily: I don't believe that X is ready
to be used in `critical path' roles, like installation.  That is the
entire sum of my position and one that I've stated here MANY TIMES.

Whether or not you choose to read more into it than that is really
something which I've no control over.

					Jordan