Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:24:08 -0500
From:      Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Josh Ockert <torstenvl@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: 802.11b with FreeBSD

On Monday 12 July 2004 11:55, Josh Ockert wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on wireless cards to use with
> FreeBSD? I used to have a USR 2410 but I could never get it to work
> under Linux and I eventually accidentally smashed it in my messenger
> bag. Now I have a WPC11v4 piece of tripe with the Realtek chipset, for

Obtain a Linksys WPC11 v3 card.  I have been using this card for quite some
time with little issue.  Actually, I was able to use this wireless card to
install FreeBSD 4.10 on a laptop recently.  I have not been able to get any
wifi working on FreeBSD 5.x, so I don't know there.  You can normally obtain
a ver3 card on ebay for around $30-50 US.  I got mine for $35, and it was
new, in the shrink-wrapped packaging.

HTH
--
Eric F Crist

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry, and the world WILL turn.