Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 1997 20:57:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill <bill@duchess.wagill.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/2476: Unable to make port due to missing components

>Number:         2476
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Unable to make port due to missing components
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE i386
>Environment:

	FreeBSD duchess.wagill.com 2.1.5-RELEASE
	FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE #0: Thu Sep  5 00:21:50 PDT 1996
	root@duchess.wagill.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/DUCHESS  i386

	I am unable to install the latest port of Majordomo because
	there are certain components referenced in the makefile (such
	as the $INSTALL_DATA variable) which are not present in my
	release of the O/S.  Unfortunately, this port, as many others,
	was tailored for 2.2-BETA.  Please tell me what components I
	need to get, and how I can get them, in order to be able to
	successfully make the Majordomo 1.94.1 port.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

	As a side note (and only as a suggestion), it would be great
	if ports were available for a couple of STABLE versions of
	the O/S.  Borrowing components from a BETA version into a
	STABLE version does not seem like a good idea.