Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:32:44 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julien Laffaye <jlaffaye@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>, John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>, "current@freebsd.org" <current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Script to set/unset "automatic" status in PKGNG database

--Vy1A5eXR7jld12ZH

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:29:14PM +0200, Julien Laffaye wrote:
> On 8/30/2012 11:19 PM, John Nielsen wrote:
> > I today noticed the "pkg autoremove" command for the first time, which =
does much the same thing as pkg_cutleaves but relies on the "automatic" fla=
g in the pkgng database rather than user input to determine which "leaf" po=
rts can be removed. Unfortunately, the pkg2ng utility has no way of knowing=
 which old-style packages it converts were installed automatically as depen=
dencies, so they are all marked as non-automatic (i.e. user-requested). In =
my case, this was not true for the majority of installed ports. Since I rea=
lly like this functionality, I decided to update my local package database =
to match my preferences.

> > Having succeeded, I decided a tool to make doing so easy could well ben=
efit others (as well as my future self). (Plus I wanted an excuse to play w=
ith dialog(1) and "pkg query" a bit.) So here's the result. I'm not too att=
ached to the name. It shouldn't eat your package database or steal your lun=
ch money, but I'm not responsible if it does. Other than that, feedback is =
welcome.