Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 2015 00:47:10 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Testing an Open Firmware interrupt-map patch

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 01:46:25PM +0000, Andrew Turner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for testers for a patch to update how we parse the
> interrupt-map property to follow the ePAPR spec. This property is
> commonly used with PCIe controllers.
>
> The current code doesn't take the parent address size property. When
> this is non-zero we need to also read these values. This is needed on
> an arm64 board I have as the interrupt parent has memory-mapped
> children so needs this to be set.
>
> I have a patch at [1] to add this, however would like it if this could
> be tested on other platforms using this code to check it doesn't break
> these platforms before I commit it.

+		    "#address-cells", &paddrsz, sizeof(paddrsz)) == -1)
+			paddrsz = 0;	/* default */

According to IEEE 1275-1994 (page 110) the default in case of a
"#address-cells" property is 2 (see also ofw_bus_setup_iinfo()),
with the latter also being known as the correct default value
for sparc64 machines.
In any case, this will have quite an impact on the offset
calculation on sparc64 machines for e. g. EBusses beneath PCI
busses (which use 3 address cells there) and, thus, most likely
will cause havoc. Maybe the parent unit address should be only
taken into account on platforms using interrupt parents?

Marius