Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 19:54:46 -0700
From:      Parker Brown <phbrown@gte.net>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fwd: A Peculiar Problem Using FTP on 2.2.1]

--------------5A9951975BEE

Apparently "questions-"support@entscape.com is not available because
this came back to me undelivered.

--------------5A9951975BEE

Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 17:43:51 -0700
From: Parker Brown <phbrown@gte.net>
To: questions-support@freebsd.org
Subject: A Peculiar Problem Using FTP on 2.2.1

Have not encountered this problem with released 2.0.5, 2.1.0, 2.1.5, or
2.1.6

Trying to download Netscape Navigator from ftp.netscape.com (successsful
before installing 2.2.0).  I can open ftp.netscape.com and login as
anonymous, and then use the ls and cd commands to access
pub/navigator/3.01 and even ls to see that there is a unix directory.
But when I cd to unix my session just locks up.  No problem with my
previous resease (2.1.6).  I've searched handbook and faq with no help.
also checked man to see if I overlooked a parameter.  Using Windows 95
and NT versions of ftp allowed me to access that unix directory, just
like FreeBSD 2.1.6 did.

I've gotten some pretty sarcastic answers from you guys in the past, so
I've really tried to solve it myself, but I'm stumped.  PLEASE HELP.
Thanks.

--------------5A9951975BEE--