Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2012 03:51:23 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Cc:        Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: oops, now: bsd question: how to record a tv stream?

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:02:24 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	if it means buying a card, then, nope.  i  assumed that the
> 	bits were streaming thu my cable to firefox and that thedre
> 	was some program that could collecte these data and stash
> 	them in, say , /tmp.  i'm using linux as a desktop, and FBSD
> 	as my server.

There are download helper plugins available for Firefox
that allow you to "capture" streaming content to a file.

> 	maybed i'll find where pbs has these films stashed ... or
> 	maybe they were only for "pledge week"

Regular file downloads are something you'll hardly find
on the "modern" web. But that doesn't mean you cannot
turn streams into files. After all, the data _is_ trans-
ferred to your computer. It's just a question to use the
proper program. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany