Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 20:42:49 -0400
From:      David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@netflix.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netflix's New Peering Appliance Uses FreeBSD

On Jun 5, 2012, at 20:16, Scott Long wrote:

> If you have any questions, let me know or follow the information links =
on the
> OpenConnect web site.

Out of curiosity, given that Linux seems popular in so many other places =
(Google, Facebook), is there any particular reason why FreeBSD was =
chosen for this?

I'm sure Linux is used in many other places (much of Netflix's IT =
infrastructure is on Amazon IIRC), so I'm kind of surprised that they =
went with FreeBSD when they probably already have so much knowledge with =
Linux.