Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 1996 19:45:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Posting to multiple lists

> > I am posting this to questions, current and stable becuase it applies to
> > all of them. You can configure majordomo not to send duplicate emails
> > for different mail lists. It isn't that hard.
>
> Nonetheless, we still ask that you stop.  Repeated offenses will not
> result in a majordomo configuration, they will simply result in you
> yourself being filtered at the source.  Knock it off or be barred,
> it's that simple, and the matter is not open to discussion so Just Do
> It Please.

I fully second your reply. However, if it is really possible to do
what the poster says (configure majordomo not to send duplicate
emails for different mail lists) that is something that would be
useful anyways.

The various lists are surely overlapped, with "questions" and "hackers"
probably orthogonal to the various specific lists.

Quite often I feel it would be appropriate to post to multiple
groups, and I refrain from doing that only because I know the rules.
And for the same reason I subscribe to probably more groups than
I am strictly interested in just to avoid losing possibly interesting
messages.

	Luigi