Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 97 12:51:18
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
To:        "cliff ainsworth III" <cliff@cliffsworld.com>, "freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: platforms question

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:17:57 +0000, cliff ainsworth III wrote:

I will take a shot at this. Hopefully others will correct/expand on
my note.

>What non-PC platforms does FreeBSD work on?

None.

>What alternate platforms are under development?

-Alpha. From what I have read they have not got very far on this one.
-Sparc. One of Sun's hardware divisions has commited one person to
work on porting FreeBSD to Sparc.

>And what platforms are being considered for the future,
>assuming there are volunteers to work on them?

The only other platform I have read there was some interest is
PowerPC.