Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:53:39 -0500
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quake 2 - srcs released

--oj4kGyHlBMXGt3Le

--pAwQNkOnpTn9IO2O

On Sat Dec 22, 2001 at 01:37:43PM +0100, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
> On Linux Games web site ( http://www.linuxgames.com ) it is reported that=
 id=20
> software release the q2 src code.
>=20
> "The Quake 2 source code is now available for download, licensed under th=
e=20
> GPL.=20
>=20
> ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/quake2.zip=20

This has obviously been slashdotted.

And, BTW, quakeforge.net holds the source in CVS and they already did
some work to make Quake2 compile (I think they've been able to compile
the client core).

Quick hints: it needs GCC 3+, probably SDL, of course gmake, etc...

And I think I'm way too busy to start playing with quake 2 right now.
Especially since quakeforge seems to be working on it. ;)

Here is the quick makefile I worked up to now. It doesn't work and
fetches the .zip source, which do not compile out of the box. The
makefile therefore needs some CVS hacks (yay) to fetch the source from
qf.net's cvs. Oh, and some parts were taken from games/quakeforge, of
course.

I'm not getting into this right now.

A.

--pAwQNkOnpTn9IO2O

# New ports collection makefile for:	Quake2
# Date created:		22 Dec 2001
# Whom:			anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=	quake2
PORTVERSION=	3.18
CATEGORIES=	games
MASTER_SITES=	http://cosmic.linuxhost.cc/ \
		ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/

DISTNAME=	${PORTNAME}

MAINTAINER=	anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org

BUILD_DEPENDS=	aclocal:${PORTSDIR}/devel/automake
LIB_DEPENDS=	SDL-1.0.2:${PORTSDIR}/devel/sdl10 \
		${GL_DEPENDS}

SDL_CONFIG?=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/sdl-config

BUILD_WRKSRC=	${WRKSRC}/linux

USE_GCC30=	yes
USE_ZIP=	yes
USE_GMAKE=	yes
USE_XLIB=	yes

CONFIGURE_ARGS= "--with-sdl=${LOCALBASE}"
CONFIGURE_ENV=	"SDL_LIBS=`${SDL_CONFIG} --libs`" \
		"SDL_CFLAGS=`${SDL_CONFIG} --cflags`"

.include <bsd.port.mk>

--pAwQNkOnpTn9IO2O--

--oj4kGyHlBMXGt3Le