Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 23:48:36 -0700
From:      "Fenrir" <fenrir@where.org>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: alpha/33841: ifconfig causes unaligned accesses on Alpha

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the help.  Just a quick correction if anyone else is reading this
to solve this problem.  You have to set it to 0, not 1.  (It's 1 by
default).

sysctl -w machdep.unaligned_print=0
machdep.unaligned_print: 1 -> 0

This has fixed the problem with the unaligned access.  (But my snmpd still
dies at the same spot..  seems it was unrelated..  ohwell!)

Thanks!

Rob