Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2012 11:14:05 +0200
From:      Neal Nelson <nealie@kobudo.homeunix.net>
To:        Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache22 SUEXEC OptionsNG

On 2012-Sep-25, at 22:10 , Olli Hauer wrote:

> On 2012-09-25 11:16, Neal Nelson wrote:
>> Hi.
>>=20
>> I'm trying to update my apache22 installation, but it keeps whinging =
about having to use OptionsNG instead of the old options, which is fair =
enough.
>>=20
>> Unfortunately I can't find how to set the options I need to set for =
SUEXEC. Previously I had SUEXEC_GIDMIN, SUEXE_UIDMIN and most =
importantly SUEXEC_DOCROOT set, but from what I can see furtling through =
the Makefile, all that there seems to be now is MSUEXEC_RSRCLIMIT and =
MSUEXEC_USERDIR.
>>=20
>> If anyone can tell me how I can configure SUEXEC using OptionsNG  I'd =
be very grateful.
>>=20
>> Regards,
>>=20
>=20
> Hi Nelson,
>=20
> this should do the trick.
>=20
> $> cat /etc/make.conf
> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/www/apache*}
> SUEXE_UIDMIN=3D$num
> SUEXEC_GIDMIN=3D$num
> SUEXEC_DOCROOT=3D/some/path
> .endif
>=20
> or on the command line
> $> make SUEXEC_UIDMIN=3D$num SUEXEC_GIDMIN=3D$num =
SUEXEC_DOCROOT=3D/some/path
>=20
> To see your configured values (from make.conf) use the -V parameter
> $> make -V SUEXEC_UIDMIN -V SUEXEC_GIDMIN -V SUEXEC_DOCROOT
>=20
> If you don't see any output run `make config' and make sure SUEXEC is =
selected.
>=20
> --
> Regards,
> olli

Thanks for your help, it has seemed to work perfectly.=20

Maybe this should be documented somewhere as I would never have guessed =
how to do this without help.