Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:57:00 -0700
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Call for review: pkg_which.

Hi guys,

This is BCC'd to ports, since it is mostly for use there...

I've placed the source for a new command, pkg_which, on
http://people.freebsd.org/~reg/.

The idea behind this command is to get Ports/Packages to register their
dependencies based on what is on the system, not what they think should
be there.  Thus, if you have old libraries or a different version of
shostscript installed, this will allow the system to register the
correct dependency.  Patches to bsd.port.mk and pkg_add to follow
shortly.

At the moment I'd like some people to test and review this.  It works
for me, but history has shown that to be a poor indicator of real
success.  Also, I'm not used to style(9), so this might be a mess, and
the man page certainly needs some work.

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/