Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 16:09:11 -0500
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@torrentnet.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Current)
Subject:   Re: removing enigma(1)

> With the FreeBSD 4.0 code freeze fast approaching, are there any
> compelling reasons to keep enigma (src/usr.bin/enigma) in the
> source tree?

How dare you be so anti-bloat, living so close to Redmond?:-)
[But otherwise a nice place, Seattle.  I used to live there]

Enigma is just a format converter at this point and should be
left around (after renaming it crypt -- which is how it is
known on all Unix versions older than 10 years).  Some of us
old fogeys still have old encrypted files exhumed, from moldy
old files for which crypt is useful (and not just for
reburying).  crypt should be left around *somewhere*.  If you
have to throw something out, throw our perl [ducking for
cover...:-]