Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 13:25:28 +0200
From:      Rob Simons <rob@Simplex.NL>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Root passwd again!

| > This means that you made your console insecure.
| > As far as I know, your only option now is a reinstall. :(

|  Not true!!!!

|  make a boot floppy and boot from there... goto the maintenance shell and
| make your changes to /etc/passwd ( and /etc/ttys ) ... Probably the best
| way is the boot from dos option.

I was wondering if it is also possible to just interrup the boot
process, since this has always worked for me. (though I don't have my
console set at insecure)
I mean, while it's recognising the installed hardware, press ^\ a few
times till it responds with the 'Going to single user mode'.
Or is this exactly the same as specifying the '-s' option ?

- Rob.