Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2012 22:08:35 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Zoran Kolic <zoran@uranus.mtveurope.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gt520 and 9.1

On 05/10/2012 01:37, Zoran Kolic wrote:
> After years of using nvidia 6200 with "nv", I had to move to above
> mentioned gt520. Fast search shoes I "nvidia-driver". Correct? And to
> change "nv" in conf file to "nvidia" with "nvidia_load="YES"" in
> rc.conf? I wait to install the card till release comes out. Best
> regards all
>
> Zoran

I have a GT 520 in an ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3 with a corei5 8GB
running two HD lcd's

I have run 9.0 since RC3 (when I got the machine) without issues until
the recent update - v304.43 - that version failed to run the second
monitor so I went back to v295.71_1. There is another update since but I
haven't tried it yet.

The nvidia_load="YES" goes into /boot/loader.conf not rc.conf
Yes to use nvidia instead of nv in xorg.conf. nvidia-xconfig is a cli
app that will configure the xorg.conf without asking for any options
while nvidia-settings is a gui app that you can adjust all options and
can then generate the xorg.conf to your settings.

And if you are running dual monitors I recommend using twinview not
xinerama.