Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 00:40:12 +0100
From:      Arjan.deVet@adv.IAEhv.nl (Arjan de Vet)
To:        taob@io.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sharedactive patch for inn1.4-unoff3

In article <Pine.BSF.3.91.960215115834.2552D-100000@zip.io.org> you write:

>    Has anyone been able to use in.nnrpd patched with sharedactive on
>a FreeBSD 2.1.0-R system?  I applied the patch, remade the in.nnrpd
>binary and tried readin news.  No go.  It either segfaults on connect,
>or it makes the connection but then hangs (I can see the in.nnrpd
>process on the server, but it isn't chewing up any CPU time).

Yes, although with INN1.4sec2. Did you compile the kernel with support for
SYSV shared memory stuff?

#
# These three options provide support for System V Interface
# Definition-style interprocess communication, in the form of shared
# memory, semaphores, and message queues, respectively.
#
options		SYSVSHM
options		SYSVSEM
options		SYSVMSG