Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:54:46 -0600
From:      dkelly@PeeCee.tbe.com (David Kelly)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tzname[] and <time.h>

In porting code I recently ran into trouble with tzname not being defined
in any include file. Checking the ctime(3) man page we see:

SYNOPSIS
     #include <sys/types.h>
     #include <time.h>

     extern char *tzname[2];

which suggests the global tzname[] is already defined or prototyped for us
if we include those two headers. I wouldn't be writing if it was. System is
2.1-STABLE with the 43rd -stable CTM patch set applied.

Should "extern char *tzname[2];" be in /usr/include/time.h as with other
systems or is there some good reason that it is missing?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@tomcat1.tbe.com (wk), dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)