Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 1997 22:03:29 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security problem with FreeBSD 2.2.1 default installation

According to gnat@frii.com:
> I have a question: because 2.2 and 2.1 seem to have /dev/fd/n where n
> is a file descriptor number, does this mean that FreeBSD doesn't need
> a suidperl because setuid scripts are now safe in the kernel?

Support for setuid scripts is still disabled in the kernel even though we
could have it securely... We just need someone to implement it correctly.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #17: Sat May 31 18:55:45 CEST 1997