Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 1996 22:13:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>, hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: The -stable problem: my view

[cc trimmed - 3 major lists is just too many :-)]

> The problem is that I have no time to work on new development myself. New
> development is the "fun" part of FreeBSD. I haven't had any FreeBSD "fun" for
> more than a year now, and I'm quickly approaching the burnout point (actually
,
> I've already burnt out; I'm currently forcing myself to continue in this role
> only because I feel obligated to get the release out).

I could have written exactly the same words myself.  There are
mornings when I wake up and just want to drive to the international
terminal at the airport. "One ticket to wherever you're going next",
I'd say, and they'd say "We have a Nambian Airways DC9 taking doctors
to Zaire for the new Ebola outbreak" and I'd say "Fine.  One please."

> into the toilet. We need a new model. One that keeps the quality high and one
> that doesn't prevent me from doing new development.

Amen bruddah.

					Jordan