Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 19:27:12 +0800
From:      Igor Podlesny <poige@morning.ru>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Flight of the rat, living wreck.....

>> // so here we start looking through the queue
>>
>> >             ia != NULL
>>
>> // sanity (I'd have written just (ia))

> Yep, just (ia) would have worked, but style(9) mandates (ia != NULL),
> which is much easier to understand

:)

Don't want to dispute about the 'right' style :), but :))

I prefer to say (read, write)

if (it_is_okay) {
}

and not

if (it_is_okay != 0) {
}

and  the first is much more like using '? :', instead of 'if'. this is
the C-spirit :)

BTW, what do u think bout goto? ;))
(it's a joke, man 8-)

What's  concerning  to showing differences between flags and pointers,

if (the_next_node) {
}

if (the_next_node != NULL) {
}

yes,  may  be this is valuable, but practice shows that if you need to
understand  the  code, you're to see the declarations and definitions.
At  least,  you're  to understand the context... And it's like dispute
about  Microsoft  style (LPSRZ, achMyCharArray) and so on... in common
words,  the  code  shouldn't  be  written  for  all (this would be too
expensive  and stupid) it's to be written for programmers. My opinion:
Programming  languages  are already too formalized, so syntax sugar is
worth adding. :)

>  and follow at a glance (clearly
> showing that ia is not a flag, but a pointer).

> G'luck,
> Peter

p.s. Peter, it was off-topic :)

--