Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 23:42:29 -0500
From:      Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
To:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG, ajprowan@scooby.resnet.mtu.edu
Subject:   Re: Status of linux aic7xxx driver

--------

> > Could someone tell me the status of the aic7xxx driver for linux?  From
> > what I have heard, it is being rewritten for kernel 2.0.31.
>
> For the most part, it is already in the -pre-7(and greater) patches to
> 2.0.30.  These are pre-release 2.0.31 patches, and can be found at
> ftp.kernel.org in pub/linux/testing/... I believe.
>
> I have a few things to change, including adding in Doug Ledfords fix
> for the 274xT adapters (has anyone verified this change yet?).  I
> expect to be doing this within the next week or so.

Linus put two patches of mine into the 2.0.31-pre-10-2 kernel.  The first
went through and fixed all of the off by one instances with the NUMBER()
macro.  It also fixed the problem with non-existent devices showing up in
the proc stats.  It also included a fixed aic7xxx_proc.c file which gets rid
of the overruns in the aic7xxx_buffer, which was a showstopper in and of
itself really.  The second was the 2742T fix.  I verified that fix on a
2742T with the A channel active and with the A & B channels active and a
2940UW.  Since then, I've also verified it on a 2842 and an aic7880P
motherboard chipset.

In case you want to see the exact source of the two patches, I've put them
on my ftp server in /pub/linux/aic7xxx/dan so you can grab them.

* Doug Ledford                      *   Unix, Novell, Dos, Windows 3.x,     *
* dledford@dialnet.net    873-DIAL  *     WfW, Windows 95 & NT Technician   *
*   Springfield, MO and surrounding * Usenet news, e-mail and shell account.*
*   communities.  Sign-up online at * Web page creation and hosting, other  *
*   873-9000 V.34                   * services available, call for info.    *