Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:22:33 -0500
From:      "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@demo.telefonica.com.pe>
To:        "James Gill" <gill@topsecret.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Clearing Screen

> Hows about putting a line in .logout that says:
>
> clear
>
> and putting a dot.logout in /usr/share/skel ?
>
> would that solve anything for you?

James, thanks for your answer. Actually, the .logout file just works fine
for users using tcsh or csh (these shells reads the .logout file before
exiting) but It does not work for other kind of shells like sh or bash  :-(

That is why I am looking a more generic solution that not depends on the
shell.

I am still wondering about the syntax of gettytab's options.

Thanks anyway,

Richard