Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2008 13:40:30 +0100
From:      Pegasus Mc cleaft <ken@mthelicon.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   no -mno-sse3 in kernel build

Hello everyone,

Firstly, let me apologise if this message is not in the correct area, but I
coulden't find a specific kernel section, so I thought this might be the best
place.

On my amd64 platform, I currently have built the world with -msse3 extensions
enabled in my CFLAGS within /etc/make.conf. (I know the benefits of this are
debatable, but I wanted to try and see what happened)

I noticed that while the kernel was building (after the world build), there
are many options sent that disable the mmx, sse and 3dnow extensions, but
they only seem to override up to sse2.. Should there be a -mno-sse3 inserted
in there as well? As it stands, I am running on a kernel built with sse3
extensions presumably enabled and nothing has gone bang yet, but that could
be just a matter of time with the right load and applications running ;>

Ta
Ken