Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:52:36 -0800
From:      Matt Olander <matt@offmyserver.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netcraft says...

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 10:41:31PM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> The reports on the second half of 2003 have been published.  7 of the
> 9 top sites on the Web run FreeBSD.
>
>     http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/01/11/inetu_most_reliable_hosting_company_site_during_h2_2003.html

absolutely wonderful!

in a similar vein, I have a meeting with top Oracle executives next week to
present our case for developing and supporting a native version of
Oracle on FreeBSD. when I contacted Larry Ellison a few weeks ago,
Oracle seemed quite interested and responded immediately.

although we have been down this road in the past, I believe that current
conditions are prime for a top-down type of decision at Oracle that
would leave no doubt that a project like this would be successful.

can people PLEASE send me every link/chart/graphic/spreadsheet similar
to the above to gather into a presentation for Oracle?

once I'm finished, I'd be glad to post the presentation back to the list
;)

cheers,
-matt

--