Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:57:41 +0100
From:      Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: devel/pcre

Le Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:17:57 -0800,
Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org> a écrit :

> On 02/14/2012 11:23, Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can someone add an entry in ports/UPDATING for the latest update of
> > devel/pcre (8.30) ?
> >
> > All ports that depend on it have to be rebuilt (you have to rebuild
> > all the box...).
>
> I added a note that suggests using the -w option for portmaster which
> preserves the shared libs until a better solution is found. I guessed
> on the knob for portupgrade, if someone who knows better wants to
> correct it that would be welcome. :)

Portupgrade preserves shared libs by default. This is why I forget this
time using portmaster (not very familiar with your tool, which is
nice).

Anyway the preservation of shared libs does not work all the time
(libraries with two digits (or three, don't remember) (like
libfoo.so.4.2) are not taken in account by ldconfig without a symlink
(libfoo.so.4 -> libfoo.so.4.2).

For example in ports, Qt/KDE libs: libphonon.so.4@
-> /usr/local/kde4/lib/libphonon.so.4.5.1

Regards.