Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 14:58:25 -0700
From:      fburroug@csci.csusb.edu (WWW Form)
To:        www@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   root, wheel and super user

The machine this came from was: blaze.csci.csusb.edu

question ->  I installed FreeBDS on my home computer, do I automaticly have
Super User access?  I find that many of my files are denied to me.
to me.  Upon installation I selected to install everything
under the dists folder from a dos partition.  When I go to
change the permission with the chmod command, dennied.
Question -> What is ment by 'wheel'?
Question -> Is 'root' a relative term to where you are, or,
is '/' the one and only root?
Unix takes a bit to learn!
thanks      frank