Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:42:19 +0000
From:      Cosmo <simond@informix.com>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AHA-2740A hangs at boot (5.1.4/2.0.36)

I have a Dell Optiplex 590 that has an onboard NCR53c8xx SCSI controler with 2 disks and an
Adaptec 2740 in EISA slot 2 with just a CD-ROM drive. Both drivers are loaded into the
kernel and the host.c file was reordered to detect the NCR first. When I try to boot I see
the NCR card detected OK but when it tries to init the other card it hangs after downloading
the sequence code. Here's some scribbled down highlights:

<Adaptec AHA-274x SCSI host adapter> at EISA 2
No SEEPROM
Using default
BIOS disabled, IO Port 0x2c00, IRQ 11 (edge triggered)
Extended translation enabled
Narrow channel, SCSI ID=7, 4/255 SCBs
IO Memory at 0x0, MMAP Memory at 0x0
Downloading sequence code... 412 instructions downloaded
Resetting channel

Then nothing. With the aic7xxx=no_probe option the card is never seen and the system
boots fine. Kernel is 2.0.36, aic7xxx.c is 5.1.4 built for a 586 with egcs-2.90.29.

Is there a list archive anywhere?

Cosmo