Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 10:15:17
From:      shane@et.pronex.com (Shane Anderson)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FDISK MBR

Thanks so much for the outpouring of answers, to wit: FDISK /MBR

We had a little incident recently with a virus McAfee diagnosed as
"ANTICMOS A." Earlier versions of McAfee saw it as a Generic MBR
virus. In any event, McAfee cleans it out, but in the process of
investigating a bit further, I was given "fdisk /mbr" as a
potential disinfecting technique.  (it works).

So I should have known the boot manager was just a manifestation
of "FreeBSD A." ;-) Thanks folks...

Shane

-----
Shane G. Anderson