Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 19:41:27 -0600
From:      Breen Ouellette <the.man@breeno.net>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Simple Printer Setup omission

Hi,

    This document is excellent:

    http://www.freeBSD.org/handbook/printing-simple.html

    However, there is one slight omission that when remedied will make
the lives of newbies like me even more rich.

    The section on setting up lpd via printcap is great, except that it
makes a passing reference at lpd being set up in rc.  I took this at
face value, and while there is truth to it - lpd is definitely
configured in there - it is also disabled by default in rc.conf.  If
this were to be noted in this section of the handbook, I'm sure it will
save many newbies the stress I was a victim of today.

    But damn, it sure feels good to finally have the thing working.  :)

    Thanks for your documentation efforts!

    -Breen