Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:55:44 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
To:        Scott Benjamin <SBenjamin@quest.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Code Crusader .....

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 09:33:47AM -0700, Scott Benjamin wrote:

> I know that I may take some heat for doing this but,  Has anyone
> successfully compiled Code Crusader for FreeBSD 3.x?  I've encountered
> some compilation errors and was wondering if anyone has patched it
> or encountered some problems and worked through them.

I finally got round to doing it last night. The files I used were:

JToolBar_source-0.5.1.tar.gz
JTree_source-1.1.3.tar.gz
JX_source-1.5.0.tar.gz
code_crusader_source-2.1.1.tar.gz

I unpacked them all in /usr/local, which created the sub-dir
JX-1.5.0. From this directory just run ``gmake freebsd3.x''.

The only problem I had was that it doesn't seem to search
/usr/X11R6/include for headers, resulting in quite a few "file not
found"'s for X11/Xlib.h and X11/Xutils.h. I got round this with a
QDF by symlinking /usr/include/X11 to /usr/X11R6/include/X11.

The only other error message I noticed was:

makemake: header file not found

but it didn't seem to stop anything working.