Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:52:11 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        Marius Kirschner <marius@agoron.com>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DNS resources or "toaster"

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 04:30:41PM -0500, Marius Kirschner wrote:
> I have the task to set up a two DNS servers for my company, and while I have
> administered their DNS servers using BIND for a number of years I have never
> set them up from scratch.  I have 2 boxes where FreeBSD 5.1 will be
> installed, and, to be honest, I'm not sure whether to use BIND or DJBDNS of
> which I've heard much good.  Obviously either one will do the
> job.....I guess it's just a matter of preferences......but I'm very tempted
> to go with DJBDNS this time.
>
> Anyway, anybody know of a good web page/site with some "how-to" for FreeBSD
> and DJBDNS?  Thanks,
This one could be right up your street:

http://matt.simerson.net/computing/dns/djbdns-freebsd.shtml

I've also just published a set of notes for a real-world djbdns install
on freebsd I did a while ago - the link to it is on my blog here:

http://jez.hancock-family.com/archives/35_DJBDNS_Real_World_Example_On_FreeBSD.html

HTH.

--
Jez Hancock