Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2003 14:40:45 +0300
From:      "Peter Zyumbilev" <bivol@vip.bg>
To:        "David L" <dlodeiro@inspired.net.au>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Yep!... Still a Newbie

Hi,

Copy and paste works similarly to the X Window System. You use the left
mouse button to select text in the PuTTY window. The act of selection
automatically copies the text to the clipboard: there is no need to press
Ctrl-Ins or Ctrl-C or anything else. In fact, pressing Ctrl-C will send a
Ctrl-C character to the other end of your connection (just like it does the
rest of the time), which may have unpleasant effects. The only thing you
need to do, to copy text to the clipboard, is to select it.

To paste the clipboard contents into a PuTTY window, by default you click
the right mouse button. If you have a three-button mouse and are used to X
applications, you can configure pasting to be done by the middle button
instead, but this is not the default because most Windows users don't have a
middle button at all.

You can also paste by pressing Shift-Ins

BIVOL