Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:24:28 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   comments bout netpanzer update

Hello! I'm the maintainer of games/netpanzer. In the near future a new
release will be available(0.2.0).

s you may nitice the port is devide3d in 2 parts: netpanzer and
netpanzerdata. the second part used to download a distfile named
netpanzerdata-(version), now developers have choosen to rename it to
netpanzer-data-(version).

My quewstion is, is it acceptable to request to change the name of the
second port in an update, this would be more consistent, or should I
stick to netpanzerdata and grok around with DISTNAME or DISTFILES?

I understand changing a port name is an action which does not like to
committers, so I'd like to know in advance what I should do.

Thanks for any help and info.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>