Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 2009 19:50:59 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        antab@valka.is
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KB9202B

In message: <2624C7F8-3639-405F-8E8C-A784FA4C1E0C@valka.is>
            Arnar Mar Sig <antab@valka.is> writes:
: On Jun 3, 2009, at 11:25 PM, Brian Beattie wrote:
: > I'm trying to figure out FreeBSD on arm and I'm trying to get it
: > running
: > on a KwikByte 9202.  I've got a kernel that loads ovet tftp and runs,
: > but I can't mount a root filesystem.  I built a 2GB SD with on slice
: > using the method found here <http://people.freebsd.org/~xride/arm/>; I
: > also tried mounting root via NFS (enabling NFSROOT in the kernel)
: > trying
: > both entering the path name on to the mountroot prompt and setting the
: > root dev in the kernel config.
: Dont know about mmc/sd, but
:
: >
: > Any advice is welcome.  maybe a pointer to using an md root?
: >
: > Console log below the sig.
: >
: <snip>
: > ate0: <EMAC> mem 0xdffbc000-0xdffbffff irq 24 on atmelarm0
: > ate0: No MAC address set
: > device_attach: ate0 attach returned 6
: looks like you have no working network device.

Looks like no MAC address is programmed into the MAC by the
boot loader...

Warner