Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:42:33 -0700
From:      Joel Bradbury <joel@its.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell E521 won't boot FreeBSD

Well, it seemed like a good deal -- the new Dell E521 with an AMD 64 Athlon
3200+,  1Gb memory, for $400 should make a decent, cheap server.  But
FreeBSD just won't boot on it.  I tried Release 6.1 (both amd64 and i386
versions), as well as Releases 5.5 and 4.11.  All give the same result when
trying to boot from the install cd:

	With the usb keyboard plugged in, the boot gets to a "panic:
ohci-add-done: addr 0x3bef1ba0 not found", and then it tries to reboot again.
	With the keyboard unplugged, the ohci error never appears, but the boot
gets to a point of recognizing the SATA drive, and then just hangs.  Last
message: "ad4: 152587MB <SAMSUNG HD160JJ/P ZM100-34> at ata2-master SATA300"

Anyone have any ideas of anything to try?  There's not much to change in
the BIOS settings.
Btw, the BIOS is version 1.0.1 (9/23/2006).  The only version currently
available on the Dell site is version 1.0.0 (!).

Linux boots and runs fine.  I guess I may have to go with that.