Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 1995 18:21:19 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.1 release sysinstall

>>> "Marc G. Fournier" said:
 > On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
 >
 > > > Given that the current sysinstall has a list of FreeBSD mirror sites
 > > > from where one can do a net install, shouldn't net install be able to pi
     ck
 > > > a site based on net response to do the site sites and load on the
 > > > target system?
 > >
 > > Uh.  I can't parse this?
 > >
 > 	I think that what he's asking for is that sysinstall pings each
 > one in the list to automatically find the closest, or at least fastest,
 > site nearest to him...

Yeap, you see when I tried to do the netinstall from ftp.freebsd.org
it was a hazzle due to the load on ftp.freebsd.org so just because a
site may be close to you is not necessarily the best site to do a
netinstall.

As for doing an install from a second drive, I couldn't figured out what to
type in the  sysinstall's UFS entry field . I tried different ways
of specifying my second drive and they *all* failed.

	Tnks,
	Amancio