Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:10:42 +0100
From:      Bernd Rosauer <br@netland.sub.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: teTeX glitch

Christoph P. Kukulies:

> I installed teTeX on a -current system. Running texconfig
> behaves a bit strange. When I hit C for Config I get bailed out
> of texconfig. Using the arrow key to move there works though.
> Using other Key shortcuts works also.

Sorry, I am running a 2.1.0 system.  I cannot reproduce this
error.  Maybe someone else out there (Thomas Gellekum?) can try
this out.

> BTW, who was telling how wonderful teTeX is? Where can I adjust my
> TEXINPUTS ?

1. With the environment variable TEXINPUTS in your shell.  How
   else?
2. In general, you don't need to set TEXINPUTS.  texconfig/texhash
   does the work for you.
3. Read $TETEXDIR/TETEXDOC.dvi.  ($TETEXDIR==/usr/local/teTeX,
   usually.)
4. Address further questions to tetex-freebsd@informatik.uni-hannover.de
   which we set up for these matters.

-Bernd