Date:      Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:14:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      me@prestoncrawford.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up X on FreeBSD?

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Johnson David wrote:

> On Friday 07 November 2003 07:25 am, Preston Crawford wrote:
>
> > ports, since I may want to run this actually) is that I need to get
> > my modem setup. I was able to get it to dial yesterday. It was doing
> > this weird thing where in dmesg it showed up with its IRQ on sio1 and
> > the device itself showed up on sio4. I went into the kernel, disabled
> > sio1 and
> > it still showed up on sio4, but at least the irq showed up there as
> > well.
>
> This is definitely a question for the freebsd-questions list. Redirect
> your question there, and include the output of dmesg, and type of
> modem, as well.
>
> David

Actually, I figured it out. Just disabled sio1 and rebuilt the kernel and
now I can just use cuaa4 without problems. I can get connected and
everything and I get an IP address (at least through user dial-up, I need
to figure out kernel later), but for some reason I can't ping my gateway.
Doesn't make any sense. I've included my routing table in another post.

Preston