Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:33:50 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        trevor@freebsd.org
Subject:   aalib port problems

Hi Ports Team and Trevor

There is a problem with the tarballs for /graphics/aalib.

The tarball on the Authors site, and the copy on the SunSites is
slightly different. (see below)
The port checksum is based on the Authors copy, but as that
site is down, ports are fetching the SunSite copy and failing
the checksum. (see latest bento log)

The two source tarballs are actually the same, except that
the SunSite copy contains one junk file, called configure.cache.

Should we
a) remove the reference to SunSite from the ports makefile as sunsite
   has a different copy to the authors copy.

b) remote the reference to the authors FTP site. From now on we will use
   the SunSite copy and we must update the checksum.
   (handy as the authors site is down at the moment)

c) Come up with a magic scheme where we have two checksums based on the
   source of the port.

d) Get someone responsible to get the tarball on the SunSite Mirror
fixed.

What should we do in this case?

Cheers
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.