Date:      19 Apr 1998 23:07:56 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@Radio-do.de>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What chipsets on the Bt848 cards ?

    Luigi> I was wondering if people can tell me what teletext chip is present on
    Luigi> their Bt848-based cards. Can you people look for chips marked

    Luigi> 	SAA....

    Luigi> and tell me what you have ?

    Luigi> I have a few hauppauge's (1997) and they all use a SAA5246 for teletext
    Luigi> decoding.  I have written a small decoder application for this chip.

    Luigi> I think i have heard that some more modern card use the SAA5284, which
    Luigi> is a more powerful device in that it can capture data at full line
    Luigi> speed. If that is available on some card, I'd love to know. You might
    Luigi> get the software written for your card in return :)

I have a SAA5284 on my card. According to the data sheets it should
have an I2C bus and normal IO ports.

Looking at the signature of my card I can't really find the chip on
the I2C bus.

I have:

0x80 = MSP3400C
0xA0 = EEPROM
0xC2 = Tuner

I tried your txt program, but have no success getting any
teletext page :-(

Regards
	Frank
--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/