Date:      Mon,  6 Sep 1999 19:59:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christoph Sold <cs@cheasy.de>
To:        Dennis Jun <dennisjun@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can FreeBSD read MAC CDs?

Dennis Jun writes:
 > Hi, a quick question. My friend has a Mac CD loaded
 > with mp3s and various other files, but he can't read
 > it on his Windows 95/98 machines. Would FreeBSD be
 > able to read it?
 >
 > Like, would a simple mount_9660 be able to read the
 > Mac CD?

That depends (obviously the only possible answer). Win
would read an ISO 9660 CD-ROM, but not a Mac HFS file
system on an ISO 9660 CD-ROM. So, if your FreeBSD box
is configured with all the Mac hfs utilities, it may
be possible to read the disk. Anyhow, hfs support in FBSD
is weak, so maybe it does not work. Just install everything
with hfs in it's name and try. posting results would be
nice, too ;-)

-Christoph Sold