Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:54:15 -0400
From:      mpd <mpd@rochester.rr.com>
To:        Mike Walsh <mike.walsh@timestar.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: starting PureFTP on startup

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 06:13:53PM -0400, Mike Walsh wrote:
> hey there,
>
> i have PureFTP installed on my FreeBSD 4.4 machine.  its installed at:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/pure-ftpd
>
> i'd like to automatically run the server when the system boots, but i don't
> know how to do that.
>
> can anyone tell me how to do this??

Is there a reason you don't want to do it via inetd(1)?

If not, replace the ftp line in /etc/inetd.conf
with a line for pure-ftpd. rtfm for more.

If so, then write a small shell script that handles
the arguments 'start' and 'stop' and put it in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d under the name pure-ftpd.sh.
Make sure it's set to be executable.

> thanks,
> Mike Walsh

mike