Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2000 14:54:40 -0800
From:      Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   restoring user quotas

I just finished upgrading from 2.2.8 to 3.3 and just now noticed that I
forgot to enable quotas.  I found the instructions in the handbook for
enabling quotas and have no problem with that, however, before I make all
the changes, I was wondering if once I have recompiled the kernel with
quotas enabled can I copy over my /quota.user file that was used with 2.2.8
and reboot so that all my old quotas are in place or do I have to add them
all one at a time?
Jerry